Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mmmm...Red 40.

I came into work today and found this on my desk:



OH GOODY! IT'S A POOFY POP!  An undoubtedly nice gesture from one of my coworkers, left on my desk while I was working from home yesterday.  Check out that ingredients list.  Does any of that sound like real food?  I'm terrified.  I think every since one of those things is just another word for "diabeetus".  Friends don't let friends eat FD&C (what does that even MEAN?) Red 40.

Now, check out what I brought to snack on today:


Now that's the stuff.  REAL FOOD made from ACTUAL NATURAL, EDIBLE THINGS...who would've thunk it?  A snack that wasn't manufactured in a laboratory?  That's bananas.  

It scares me to think about how much "Artificial Flavors" I've probably ingested in my life, and how accepted ingredients like those found in the "Poofy Pop" have become in our time.  Sugary corn-laden food products are the norm.  How ridiculous is that?  Perhaps you don't subscribe to the paleo diet, or perhaps you're even against it for some reason, but I at least challenge you to look at the nutritional information of the food you buy and EAT REAL FOOD.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi SuzyPants! I'm starting a blog and saw that this site name was already taken. Are you still blogging here? If not, I'd love to use the name. I'm also a "pants." Let me know! -Jilly Pants

    ReplyDelete