Monday, February 6, 2012

I am the worst.

Yep.  I am the absolute worst.  It only took me a few days to drop the ball on updating this thing!

Well, what's happened since I last posted?

  • I ate a lot of food
  • I did a bunch of awesome workouts
  • On Saturday, I went to Eataly and could not help myself - I HAD TO try a bite or two of the fresh mozzarella that everyone I was with was partaking in...paired with some amazing pancetta.
  • THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS WON THE FREAKIN' SUPER BOWL!
I bELIeve!
(Image from SI)

Of course, since I have no self control, I kind of fell off the wagon last night at my friend's Super Bowl party.  Well, maybe not fell off, but I definitely wasn't riding with my arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times.  I had my little sister and her boyfriend visiting from Virginia, and I didn't think to plan ahead and think to bring anything to eat that would be Paleo to eat.  I thought I'd be fine chowing down on some buffalo wings, but after a couple of sangrias, I knew I needed something more substantial, so I had half a slice of sausage pizza.  Then, after the Giants handed the Patriots their tookuses, I was so excited (and buzzed) that I had not one, but two celebratory cupcakes.  

Sigh.

I know, it's not that bad, and the rest of the day leading up to the Super Bowl was filled with good (read: healthier) eats, but it's just a little frustrating that I can't seem to keep myself disciplined, and I shouldn't have to rely on others to keep me in check.  

I suggested to my Nutritional Challenge team that we enforce a 50 burpee penalty for each infraction on our diet.  I'm not counting the wine, sangria & shots I drank (although if I do for some reason consume beer, I'm definitely counting it) this weekend, but I am counting the pizza and 2 cupcakes, so I've got 150 burpees to look forward to doing this week!

Other than some Paleo infractions, I'm feel pretty good!  I weighed myself a few days ago for funsies and I'm down a pound a half.  My midsection looks way better, and I've even noticed a reduction in cellulite.  I woke up today without an alarm and despite drinking a bit last night, I feel completely fine.  The extreme thirst I was feeling for a few days has mostly subsided, thanks to adding even more fat to my diet.  You're the best, avocados.

I will try my best to be better this week, but with a wedding to go to coming up on Friday, I may find myself with even more burpees to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment