Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Paleo Challenge Day 2 - Morning Edition


Breakfast: 2 cage free omega 3 eggs scrambled with spinach, pancetta, with 2 strips of nitrate-free bacon, and 1 1000mg pill of Omega 3 fish oil (not pictured), and a glass of water.  I felt hungry very shortly after eating this, so I think next time I'll try adding another egg, or another piece of bacon.



I realized I forgot to post my workout for yesterday, so I'll share it now:

Strength:  Deadlift 5 Rep Max
2 x 5 @ 65#
1 x 3 @ 90#
1 x 2 @ 130 #
5RM  @ 155#

I did 155# last week as well and still struggled with it.  I find it hard to hold onto the bar, and my box only wants you to use the over/under grip (probably not the real name for it) when going for a 1RM.  My form was also not so hot, so I may stick with this weight next week as well.

WOD: Interval Training

5 minutes max power cleans (30 @ 80#)
1 minute rest
4 minutes max push ups (51)
1 minute rest
3 minutes max double unders (309, singles)


<-That's me, last night, wishing I could do double unders.  Thanks for the picture, Lauren! :)

I took some time to measure myself this morning -- my waist, thighs and biceps.  Forgot to do my chest, probably because there's not much there.

I think I'm still feeling the affects of my weekend-long bingefest, since I feel bloated and overly tired (which may also be attributed to the fact that I waited until 9:00 pm to start making a chili that takes 3 hours to cook), but I know in a few days, I'll be feeling SO MUCH better.  Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment