Monday, January 30, 2012

Paleo Challenge Day 1: Food

Here's a very un-exciting breakdown of the food I ate today.

I overslept for work by an hour so I had to rely on the cafeteria at work for breakfast and lunch.

Breakfast: What I thought would be about 2 scrambled eggs, 3 turkey sausage links, and mixed fruit (watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple, honeydew)





Lunch: Sprig mix with half a hard-boiled egg, grilled chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, roasted eggplant/cauliflower/red peppers, a sprinkling of gorgonzola cheese (I know, I know), honey dijon dressing.




Snack: 3 piece of Ghiradelli chocolate with sea salt and roasted almonds (1 after lunch, 2 after dinner)






Snack 2: Almonds, pistachios, dried cherries & cranberries (3:30pm)







Dinner:  Kind of a weird combination -- Slow cooker salsa chicken, with baby spinach sauteed in bacon fat with crispy pancetta and garlic on the side.





Aside from my boss stopping by my desk with a plate full of mini cakes and chocolate-covered goodies to try, today was relatively easy.  I know I should be curbing my chocolate intake, but these little individually-wrapped Ghiradelli squares are so convenient...and tasty.  Hopefully I'll wake up on time tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment